Coaching & Counseling
- Guide clients through every aspect of career planning and development (i.e. assessment, occupational research and exploration, networking and informational interviewing, career goal setting, resume writing, self-promotion, job interviewing, salary negotiation and career management.
- Skilled at administering and interpreting a wide variety of assessment tools and inventories.
- Over twelve years with award-winning career centers at two Fortune 100 companies.
- Coached and counseled broad and diverse employee populations, addressed specific individual needs, promoted career self-reliance and aligned employee development with corporate goals.
- Helped clients identify, understand and respond to the paradigm shift inherent in the new global, high-tech age.
- Coached clients through managing individual, team and organizational politics; and tailoring professional development and career goal setting in light of organizational trends.
- Applied effective models, techniques, and theories when coaching/counseling hundreds of corporate clients at every level and in varied functional areas within organizations.
- Incorporated feedback systems (360 degree and 180 degree) when coaching executives and leaders, and facilitating intact work groups.
- Effectively teamed with EAP and HR departments, with client’s consent, to resolve complex employee-management conflicts that threatened client’s career path and prospects.
Corporate Training & Facilitation
- Developed and presented workshops and briefings regarding strategies for self-management, career planning and leadership development.
- Designed and facilitated a “Leader as Coach” corporate program.
- Intervened with work groups to advance individual and team performance toward organizational goals employing objective-setting and competency-based assessment practices.
- Organized and facilitated peer support groups for leadership development and career transitioning.
- Opened opportunities for professional growth and advancement through rotation and apprentice programs.
Project Planning & Management
- Managed every aspect of the planning, creating, staffing and opening of multiple Coaching Centers in high-tech organization.
- Consultant-developer of a successful leadership program established to create a corporate coaching culture.
- Created core features of a cutting-edge corporate career coaching program operating across remote sites.
- Implemented a “grass-roots” strategy that encouraged all company employees to voluntarily use a customized, client-focused career coaching program and resource center.
- Integrated knowledge and talent management, and mentoring initiatives into a Fortune 100 company’s career center activities and services.
- Identified and reported trends and themes for climate sensing and retention strategizing.
- As Regional Director for a prominant national housing-services company, established first satellite corporate office, mananged and grew regional.operations (including 13 subsidiary corporations) 250% in six years and handled every aspect of budgeting and financial management of a multi-million dollar portfolio.
- Have handled all aspects of human resources management from recruitment and interviewing to supervision, training, performance management, career development planning, and employment termination.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Developed comprehense marketing strategy for a corporate Career Services program.
- Promoted internal corporate career/professional development programs via email “blasts”, intranet postings and employee briefings; staffed information booths, wrote newsletter articles and “tip sheets”, and designed brochures and websites.
- Directed marketing campaigns, including media presentations, special events, promotional materials and give-aways, to create awareness of and participation in corporate and community programs.